The Events Convener and other members organise a number of local activities which include:
* Lunches and Dinners
* Joining together to entertain 5W visitors
* Weekend holidays
Contact the Convener (SEQld members) or email@example.com (visitors) for details of activities.
Future Activities: Refer to the latest newsletter
Some Recent Activities:
* Melbourne Cup Party Every hat won a prize, there were sweeps and games, and we viewed the Cup on a flat screen and a large screen.
* 10 local and 2 overseas members travelled to Nepal.
* Afternoon Tea with Queen Victoria – a group of members and guests, dressed in their finery includig hats, met the Queen, heard her talk about fashions over the years and then enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea.
* the group celebrated International Women’s Day by viewing a DVD on the life and times of Qiu Jin (pronounced Chow Jean), a 19th century Chinese feminist and rebel who was martyred for her beliefs on improving the lot of Chinese women. We then moved to a nearby Chinese restaurant for lunch.
* Members continue to attend a wide variety of theatre, ballet and musical activities arranged by the Events Co-ordinator.