Visiting 5W members, prospective members and friends, from overseas or Australia, are very welcome at any of the SEQLD Group activities
11.30am for 11.45am (sharp) Saturday, 11 April (Easter Saturday) 2020 at The Women’s College within The University of Queensland RSVP (essential) to email@example.com
The SEQld Group of Women Welcome Women World Wide (5W) is organised by local members for the support, friendship and entertainment of all members of 5W.
By being a member of the 5W S E Qld Group, you will:
- Receive informative and interesting local newsletters
- Have the opportunity to meet regularly with local and visiting 5W members
- Be able to join in any, or all, of the local activities (Book Discussions, Coffee & Theatre/Film/Exhibitions Days, Excursions, Gatherings, Weekend Holidays)
- Receive travel tips from fellow travellers
- Listen to the travel stories of others
- Perhaps, arrange to travel with other members
- Be invited to join private & secure email and chat groups with other members worldwide
- Meet international and Australian members who are visiting the area
- Be part of a worldwide network of knowledgeable local travellers
- Receive support and friendship
- Join members from all around the world at 5W Gatherings where, as well as making new friendships, members local to the area, will show you sights that the ordinary tourist never even hears about.
Important ***** To become a member of the local South East Queensland Group of 5W, you must be a member of the international 5W organisation. But do come as a guest to one or two of the local activities to meet members and learn more about 5W.
South East Queensland Gathering 2015
A report of the Gathering 5W South East Gathering 2015.
Read what one member said about the 5W South East Queensland Gathering Pre Tour (Outback Queensland) from 6th – 15th September 2015 SE Queensland Gathering Pre Tour
Read what a member said about the Post Tour – 5W South East Queensland Gathering Post Tour (North Qld)
Children’s Welfare Centre (CWC) Nepal
Read what was said about one of the Group’s tours to Nepal SEQld 5W Tour to Nepal
Get-Togethers (usually the 2nd Saturday of the even months:- February, April, June, August, October, December). Read more about Get-Togethers
Next Get-Together 11.30am for 11.45am (sharp) Saturday, 11 April 2020. There will be a short photo presentation of recent members’ travels.
There are many other activities organised or conducted by members – concerts, gallery visits, talks, films, coffee mornings, picnics, weekends away, special parties (e.g. Melbourne Cup), meeting interstate and overseas members. The Events Convener also arranges an ongoing program of visits to theatre performances, ballet, opera and concerts. These events are available in the local SEQld 5W newsletter. Learn more about these activities
Melbourne Cup Parties A party is held every year on the 1st Tuesday of November. It is an opportunity for members to wear a hat and enjoy a delicious meal with friends. Every hat wins a prize, there are sweeps and we view the Cup race on a flat screen and a large screen. Ask for more details or an invitation to the next one firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Groups Because of increased interest, there are now two (2) Book Groups. Women of Words (WOW) and Book Group. Both usually meet on the same date. Email email@example.com for more details about either Group. Click here for information and dates of the Book Groups
Next Book Group Date 12.30 pm Saturday, 14 March. Click here for all Dates, Venues and Books
Coffee, Chat and Lunch Days (formerly known as Coffee and Film Days) are always held on the 4th Saturday of the odd months (January, March, May, July, September, November) Meet between 10.45am & 11.30 am (no later). These are a good way for visiting members to meet others. Click here for Information and Dates
Next Coffee, Chat and Lunch Day Saturday, 28 March at 11.15am. No need to RSVP. From 11.00am join other members and guests. We will meet in Jojo’s at 170 Melbourne St, South Brisbane. Look for our group at the very back of the restaurant. From the CBD take buses 199 or 196 from stop 36 Adelaide St (near Anzac Square) or stop 43 (opposite City Hall). Alight at stop 4. Alternatively, take a train to South Brisbane station and walk for 7-10 minutes.